Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Trying to Stay Positive

Things are getting out of whack...obviously the disease is progressing...my blood count is low so I have begun taking a hormone shot in addition to insulin to help with anemia...at least it is only once every 3 weeks...I begin a new BP med because my BP is elevated and has been for awhile now...my sugars are high so I have promised to KEEP trying to eat right and get more exercise and see in 2 months if it is helping at all otherwise I'll be beginning meal time insulin 4 times a day as well! :(
My gout meds have been lowered again so I MUST keep on track with fluid intake or that is going to HURT me...
I have a NEW Dr. he seems pleasant and competent but now I'll have to get used to him!

My creatinine is high and my kidney function has dropped again...when this started I was at 37% I believe and now I am at 22%...no wonder I get tired so fast!

What worries me quite a lot is that at 15% usually it's time for dialysis. :(

Yesterday I was in shock and VERY blue and distressed but today I am trying to remember that i DID lose 5 pounds so the diet changes and beginning exercises ARE working even if it is SLOW.
So I MUST and WILL keep on trying to eat right and get more active and keep dialysis at bay for as long as possible.

I want to TRAVEL! So I better get my butt in gear and make that happen SOON!!


No comments:

Post a Comment